- dry twigs from the back yard
- acrylic paint or spray paint
- an old cocktail onion jar or other repurposed food jar
- GooGone (optional)
- paint the twigs. (prime them first with white for fewer applications of vibrant colors)
- remove the label (use Goo Gone for easier removal)
- Stick 'em in the jar!
- Store your rad earrings (!)
SO. Easy. And pretty darn cute too!
I'd love to see your photos if you try this project - or share how you currently display your earrings. Just leave the link in the comments!
- fill the base with seashells or pebbles to help weight the bottom.
- hot glue the a few sticks horizontally to the back of a photo frame (...I want to try that one!)
- go nuts with a few more twigs or branches for a taller/bigger display or use other jars (...pace picante sauce jar is a cool shape...)
The story behind this Make It post:
The other day Caitlin and I were working in the studio & I was explaining I wanted a cuter way to photograph these vegan bird earrings from the shop.
She had the bright idea of using branches...and we then both agreed that a) painting them a bright mint green would probably be the best idea: ever. & b) this could be done immediately with the use of fallen backyard sticks. (Thumbs up to using what you have!)
As you can see in this comparison shot: before = whatever, next please. after = hells yeah!
Photography (merchandising) is everything for a little internet business like mine. I can't claim I'm the best on the block, but I am learning as I go. When there is SO MUCH stuff out there...well, all I can say is that the earring image on the right makes me stick around longer (. . . yet they are the exact same product! )
If you've made it this far...thanks for reading all my jibber jabber! Now go get yer craft on!